If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Whoops!

Sorry, y'all, for the eight days away. I hate it when other people do that! It's been one of those paradoxical weeks when it's flown right by but it seems like a month since Monday. I can't even claim that my internet was down because of the massive snowstorm. We got three or four inches, but it was windy so we had drifts eight or nine inches deep. It's been very exciting, and the kids got Valentine's Day off school, but somehow I was expecting this to be routine here. It's the Midwest, after all, and when I was in Rantoul, IL (a few hours from here) in 1986 this would have been nothing. I could say that the snowfall only seemed deeper when I was a kid because I was shorter, but I've been 5 1/2 feet tall since I was 13.

I digress.

It's been a jam-packed week, the high-point of which so far has been the field trip yesterday to the St Louis City Museum with a bunch of screaming kids. It might have been a little better if I hadn't had to leave the house at 8:00 a.m., after having worked a double shift on Wednesday* and not getting to bed until 11:00 or so. I must have my beauty sleep, and I must arise early in order to ensure proper caffeination. It was a tricky bit of scheduling, let me assure you. I will say, though, that if you're in the St Louis area with kids, the City Museum is very cool. It's more like a 3-story indoor jungle gym. The teens had as much fun as the little kids. Shoot, some of the parents had as much fun as the little kids! Did I have a camera with me? Surely you jest!

I got the loft painted on Saturday. You know you've picked the right color when you get three square feet painted on the first wall and it makes you smile. Pictures to follow.

We start Lyceum again today, and I'm teaching the writing class again. The plan is to publish our story week-by-week on Dragonsroost.net. Hopefully I'll have better luck with that this session than I did with Vengeance of Pachacuti. I may not get back in here again until next week. Tomorrow I have an early sound check with Dudley's Rush and work a double shift, and Sunday we have an afternoon sound check and a fundraising gig. It will be fun, and I will probably splat into a puddle of exhaustion Sunday night.


*We did the Valentine's Dinner again, and it was positively serene compared to last year. We did 37 dinners and only had 2 cancellations due to the crummy roads.

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home