If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Finally, officially back from vacation

I guess I have no room to complain. I managed to cling to vacation mode for 11 extra days. The last vestiges have finally slipped through my fingers. It's been A Day--not particularly bad, just lots of petty annoyances. You know the kind: you put on a clean shirt, and an hour later you spill spaghetti sauce on the shirt AND your jeans. You drop cooked pasta on the floor putting together the rigatoni for dinner. Somebody leaves a full glass of water on the end table, and the cats knock it onto the couch. (Thank you, Lord, it was just water and not ginger ale from the can sitting beside it. Why can my family not put that stuff away?) You try to chip away at a big project, but it's so big you can't find a toe-hold to get started, so you stand in the middle of the room staring stupidly. (Had two of those today.) Your hair, for some unknown reason, has decided to part on the wrong side and will not be induced to behave.

To quote Ty Pennington: "I guess there's just one more thing to say. Welcome home, EJ, welcome home."

Pardon me while I go change clothes and start a load of laundry.

Labels:

3Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home honey,

So when do I get my vacation?

10:13 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Next month? Hawaii? :P

10:47 AM  
Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Eh. That sounds like everyday life. Glad you're back?

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home