If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, February 05, 2007

The plan worked!

Eric is still migraine-y but he was able to show me the piece of information I was missing. It helps to open the right program! I wasn't able to do a whole lot about the resolution, but I guess that's what I get for using a disposable camera and not getting the CD when they were developed.





This is Dad and me. The friend who took it was trying to get our tent and the flag in the picture with us. The other tent, to the right, is a wall tent about the size of Dad's.






The rest were intended mostly as reference for when we start building the furniture for our camp. Eric hasn't seen the gear personally, so I took a bunch of pictures for examples. These are the least boring ones; the rest are hinges and latches and corners of boxes to see how they're jointed.


This is the 'living room.' The chairs come apart and the seats slide into the back for smaller storage and transport. The table folds, too.









That's part of the kitchen. The X on the right end of the table is my 'possibly non-authentic because it's not documented' drying rack. Dad hates them, but I don't feel bad about using it. He uses dish soap (in the little bottle on the bottom shelf), and they definitely didn't have that! The box behind the chair holds a cooler, and the black blobs on top are big coffee pots for hauling and heating water. They could be used to make coffee, too, but we don't drink that much.



Here's the other part of the kitchen--Dad's new cook stove. The lid lifts up to form a windscreen, and when you're done with the fire, you close the lid and side vents to bank it. The trivet to the left can be moved over or away from the fire to regulate temperature. (I guess that makes it a pivot trivet?) This particular stove also has a half-grate and a full grate. The bar across the top holds the pokers and S-hooks for hanging a pot over the fire.



Now you can see why my friends think I'm nuts for doing this! It looks primitive, I know, but we really have all the comforts of home except electricity and indoor plumbing. For me, this is as near to a perfect vacation as I've found, and this last trip was the best yet.

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home