If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Nattering

January wasn't a very good writing month. I lowered my expectations and still didn't make the word count or time goal. It was low enough that even taking a week off I should have been closer. The goal for February is to write something five days a week. I've started a collection of rendezvous stories, and I have some fun-ish things I can work on, but I've really got to get Book Two in order and start editing so I can see where the holes are. There will be a lot of them, I'm sure. Maybe if I do some fun things it will be easier to work on that. Time is becoming more of a factor. Scott's roommate was just diagnosed with cancer, and he's been one of our biggest supporters. I don't know his prognosis yet, but it's another kick in the pants. Needless to say I've been shooting arrow prayers* since I got the news.

On a happier note, I got my pictures back and scanned some in. I hope to have them cleaned up and posted this weekend. I took them with a disposable camera, so the resolution wasn't great to start with, and the scanned images are very grainy. On the plus side, they look old! I'll see what I can do with them.

I'm hoping to get some more work done on the house this weekend. I've started alphabetizing paperbacks. We had three 6' book cases and a 4' book case stacked 2-3 books deep. There are a lot, but we've been collecting them for more than twenty years. I'm hoping that by alphabetizing we'll at least be able to weed out the duplicates and free up a little space. Not that I have any delusions that they'll stay in order! It would be nice, but it won't happen here. The ultimate goal is to get the loft painted and Vicky's drafting desk out of her room to free up some space there. It's going to take a while, but I'm plugging at it a little at a time. I'll get the paint this weekend, and hopefully find more shelves to put into the book cases so we don't have to stack 2-deep anymore. I think I'll be hanging out in the hot tub some this weekend...

*Arrow prayers are little short, specific prayers said in 'the heat of the moment,' so to speak. I routinely use this method not only when something troubling is going on, but also as praise when things are going well. It's one of the few good habits I've been able to cultivate, and it's second nature to me now.

Labels: ,

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Arrow prayers. I like that term. I've been doing that for years but never thought of calling them that.

I hope Scott's roommate gets a good prognosis. It's got to be scary, though.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home