If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Airline restrictions

I'm packing for the rendezvous next week. Because it's in Florida, I sent the bulk of my gear ahead with my dad and will fly down so I don't have to waste half of my precious vacation time in transit. Most of the carry-on restrictions are well-known by now, but I checked the FAA website to see if there were any changes. I was quite dismayed to find that I can't take a cattle prod or tear gas! Drat!

Why would anyone think it's OK to take those on a plane? Also prohibited are meat cleavers, spear guns, fireworks, brass knuckles, and ski poles (although skis are not listed, so maybe they're OK?). Knitting needles are permitted, which surprised me, and so is whipped cream, as long as it's 3 ounces or less. Whipped cream is so expensive; it just makes sense to take it along instead of buying it when you arrive. Obviously, the (not-all-inclusive) list was compiled for the people who need warning labels telling them not to use a hair drier in the shower.

Nowhere on the list did it say anything about gingerbread loaves, so I guess I'll take a chance. If they can't go on the plane I'll just give them to the screeners for doing a job I wouldn't want.

Labels: , ,

2Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Are they letting you take eye drops again? 'Cause if not, the tear gas makes perfect sense for those dry eyes.

Have a great rendevous.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

ROFL! Yeah, eye drops are allowed now. 3 oz or less, of course!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home