If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Just call me Gracie

I've been increasingly concerned with sharp objects at the Day Job lately. When we cook, we soak dirty dishes as much as possible, and until recently, knives and other sharp objects were in 'general population', sometimes covered with water. I knew it was a matter of time before I sliced my hand open and said so to one of my co-workers. Always the inventive one, she suggested that we put a silverware holder in the sink for knives, which was a grand idea.

Today all the sharp objects were carefully segregated. Knowing something is sharp is only half the battle. The other half is to not get in a hurry while washing. I caught my thumb and part of my nail with a double-edged serrated blade. It bled like the dickens, but I threw a Band-aid on it, put on a rubber glove, and finished the dishes. I was pretty sure I'd notice if I bled through the Band-aid and into the glove. For some reason, The Boss didn't think that was funny.

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home