If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Bookishness

Order is still being restored to the Dragonsroost Municipal Library. Good grief we've got a lot of paperbacks. I've been busily adding shelves to the 'some assembly required' book cases (I've only drilled through them a couple times, I swear!) and shelving in quasi-alphabetical order.* I've got a 6-foot book case and a pair of 4-footers filled to capacity. I'm through H!

So yesterday I was sitting on the floor, looking at my three bookcases of A-H. I'd already looked back through them twice, pulled out the duplicates I found (I know there are more), and looked over all of *my* books to see which ones I can part with. That opened up a little space, but not much. I might have to get more brutal in my tactics because we don't really have space upstairs for six more book cases.

The irony is, though, that I was looking forward to tonight. We have a homeschool book club meeting. At Borders. Where I'm going to buy the book in the series** I'm reading that I forgot to add to my Christmas list. Turns out I'm half-way through what I thought was the next book, only to find it's the next next book. Drat. Hopefully it will be there in trade paperback; those go in a different place and I won't have to wedge it in with the other G's.


* I have the letters sorted, but have not alphabetized them within the letters. Why bother? It's not going to stay in order anyway. I just thought it might help me spot duplicates easier.

** Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series. I skipped The Fiery Cross accidentally and have had to stop reading Breath of Smoke and Ashes until I get caught up. No wonder I was confuzzled with some of the details!

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home