If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Pu-lease spare me...

I found this on World Net Daily this morning. It's a sound clip of Hillary Clinton over the weekend in Alabama. For pity's sake, the woman lived in Arkansas; surely she can fake a Southern accent better than that. I have a better Southern accent, and I'm from Michigan. (OK, I did live in the South for better than 17 years, but still...)

Am I the only one dismayed that the campaigning started the day after the last election? Seriously, they've been out stumping since early December. I heard on Sean Hannity's radio show that Barak Obama is playing hardball with raising campaign finances, going into poor neighborhoods and telling the people he doesn't care how poor they are; they have $5.00 to contribute. (I haven't verified that, and since it was Hannity, the comment might have been out of context, but it's still a poor choice of words.) I've started tuning it out; I'm not going to listen to it all through the summer.

I can say one thing for sure, though. Hillary will not get my vote. Not that it was ever really an option, but the accent clinched it. I don't want a president who jumps through hoops to please people. I'd rather have a jerk who knows what to do and how to do it, and damn the torpedoes if people don't agree. The trouble is, I'm not seeing anyone like that so far. I might have to do a write-in this year. Does anyone know if Elmer Fudd has any plans for the next few years? (Ssh. Be vewy, vewy quiet; we're hunting insuwgents. Ooh, I hate those wascly Democrats!)

Labels:

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Well, bless her heart. But, an Arkansas accent is nothing like an Alabama accent -- especially when you get out into Selma, or , oh my stars!, LA (Lower Alabama).

She didn't get Brooklyn mixed in again, did she?

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home