If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Saturday, December 02, 2006

2006 Holiday Edition of Getting To Know Your Friends

I got this from Jean, who also tagged Tambo:


Your Name: Elizabeth

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, although I do have an egg nog or two during the season. I like it, but I just can't get past the bazillion calories with no chocolate, and since no one else in my house drinks it, I don't buy it.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? We don't do Santa anymore, and when we did, he was too busy to wrap. Santa brought the stuff that was too cumbersome to wrap.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I prefer white, but we have mostly colored. I'm phasing them out gradually.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. I'd forget to take it down before July 4th.

5. When do you put your decorations up? After Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Ooh. That's hard. Does Peppermint Mocha count?

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child: I was a wise man in a living creche on Christmas Eve when I was, oh, maybe 12 or 13 (we got there late--I wanted to be Mary). It started to snow big fat flakes. It was worth the freezing toes and scratchy fake beard to watch it fall in front of the street lights.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was about nine or ten, and a kid at school was teasing me because I hadn't figured it out earlier.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Oh, yeah, although I usually steer the kids toward their new jammies. :-) I learned long ago to wrap them in a big box to increase the odds that they'd pick it themselves.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We have a pre-lit fake tree, so there is usually some degree of angst getting it set up. We do lots of lights and, as with everything else, our decorations are eclectic. We have the usual home-made decorations that the kids made in day care, and some crystal we bought in Italy, a couple Eric's parents bought during their tour in Germany--you get the picture. If you don't, leave me a comment and I'll post a picture.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it

12. Can you ice skate? Um, no. They don't call me Gracie for nothing.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A few years ago my mom sent me the nightlight that had been in my grandparents' study when I was a kid. My great-grandmother bought it as a political statement in the '30's, I think. I has an elephant, and she turned it on in her front window every night.

14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Time with family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I'm equal opportunity with desserts. We've done pumpkin or pecan or key lime pies, cookies, fudge, grasshopper ice cream cake--we just pick something that sounds good.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Turning on Christmas music and watching the lights on the tree, preferably with a warm beverage and my man to snuggle with.

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, but I will confess I like to receive, too.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen from the traditional genre; the modern favorite goes to Trans Siberian Orchestra's Wizards in Winter.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Leave them, unless they're crushed and mixed into warm chocolate pudding. They have WAY too much sugar for me these days.

I’m tagging…anybody that wants to play.

Labels:

2Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Hubby called me to day. He said, "I'm at the gun show. I just bought your Christmas present. You've been wanting it forever."

I'm wondering, did he find a Colt .45 for me?

Then he says, "I was hoping I'd find a .45, then I could call and ask if you wanted it."

So, now I'm wondering, "What have I wanted forever that he would find at the gun show?"

That Man. He loves to torture me. Ah, well. I'll put it out of my mind, then it won't drive me nuts for the next 23 days.

As for your #4, mightn't that result in a lot of kisses? Or, like Tammy, would it just be another cat toy?

3:33 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I don't need mistletoe to get kisses, and it if my furries could figure out how to get to it, it would be a cat toy. If anyone could do it, Chloe could.

Did you ask the hubby where he'd been before he went to the gun show? Maybe he didn't buy your present AT the gun show, but at the mall before he went to the gun show. Hmm... You'll just have to let us know.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home