If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Closing the month

I may get more writing done later, but I think it's pretty safe to say I'm done for the month. It could go either way, with the weather turning nasty; either I'll write some more or I'll bake cookies.

As of right now, I wrote 15, 971 and 2,175 minutes ( 36.25 hours). I fell short of my goal by 13.75 hours, but I did write 26 days. Some days I only got in 15 minutes, but I sat down and put my fingers on the keyboard. I'd call it an over-all success, and I have enough projects to keep me busy for at least the next year. All I have to do it keep the momentum going, and if I can do it at Christmas time, I can do it anytime.

Labels:

2Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Well done. I agree -- success.

Do you think 50 hours for the month is a reasonable goal? Or is something else more appropriate? How does that word count compare to a "normal" month for you?

7:17 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

November does not compare to a 'normal' month for me, but I would like for it to be a basis. I think it would be reasonable to track time for several months, taking care not to fall below 36 hours, striving to add time each month. Realistically, we know writers who work 50 hours a week or more, so there is a lot of room for improvement. The trick is to take it slow and steady. I think.

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home