If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Post-Thanksgiving

I only cooked for half the day yesterday, and everything but the cranberries came out great. I started to by a can of cranberry jelly, like everyone else in the U.S., but I'm the only one who eats them, and I've been making a concerted effort to cook from whole ingredients this year. In short, I reached for the can, thought of the high fructose corn syrup inside, and couldn't do it. There has to be a way to make them taste just as good without five tons of sugar. I'll have to research that.

Sorry, kids, I haven't been able to get back to Vengeance of Pachacuti yet, but I'm firing up my web server. Hopefully I'll have the beginning and the end up soon. It should not be this difficult. I think it's definitely time to switch HTML translators.

We've made progress with book 2. I knew it would be easier with him here. We have a rudimentary ending, which I'm confident will have me scrambling for my keyboard by the end of the weekend. There is still a lot of work to do, but we get 500 times more done when we're together than working over the internet, so I'm feeling hopeful. Six months ago I was to the point of hating the story and all the characters; now I'm excited and looking forward to getting my hands into the guts again.

Labels: , ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home