If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Brain clutter

Good news: I toiled for more than an hour last night to get Vengeance of Pachacuti to publish.

Bad news: Dragonsroost.net only published chapters 1, 3, and 4. Dragons-roost.net (the alter ego) got them all except the prologue and chapter 5. I haven't the foggiest notion why some parts published and others didn't, but I finally gave up and went to bed. I'll get back to it later today.

***

As it stands now, we still have Chad and Scott coming for Thanksgiving. They both called for the address yesterday so they could print directions. Since they are bachelors, their schedules are flexible, which means they might be here at midnight tonight or noonish tomorrow. I'll just plan dinner for 3-ish; that should be safe.

Eric has planned to take the kids and Chad to Best Buy Friday for MP3 players. Chad is Very Tall, so I told Vicky to walk behind Chad, hold onto his back beltloop, and peek around him occassionally. When the crowd gets really heavy, she is to ask loudly,"Conan, what is good in life?" He does a good Conan imitation and can quote the part about sacking your enemies and hearing the lamentation of the women in his sleep. :) He can also do Fezzik from The Princess Bride. He doesn't look like Andre the Giant, but he sounds like him in the "Everybody move!" part.

I'd drag Scott along to witness the festivities, but I'm making him stay home to work. We have a book to write, darn it! Of course, it won't be all hard labor. We can hammer out the plot in the hot tub. I just need to keep one hand dry to write.

***

I have enlisted Vicky's help in designing the symbol I mentioned a couple days ago. It will figure heavily into the story, and I told her that if we go through Lulu.com to get the book into the hands of our patiently waiting readers, we may be able to use her image in the cover art. She liked the idea of getting the credit for that! Of course, in her teen mind, 'credit' is synonymous with 'money', but I clarified it quickly. Hopefully she'll get a sketch done today so we can go over it with Scott.

***

My little brain is spinning, which is the best way to get nothing done today. That's not an option. I'm off to formulate a game plan. I know there was something else I wanted to add to this, but I have no idea what it was, or what the trigger was that made me think of it. It's much harder to remember things when you forget what made you think of it, but the surest way of remembering is to hit 'Publish' so I might be back later.

Labels: , ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home