If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

And she's out!

I had big plans yesterday. The main objective was Christmas shopping. After a morning of household chores, writing and school, I managed to get out after the noon news, only to find myself driving down the road thinking, 'Where did I want to shop?' That's a bad sign.

I found the shops I'd been wanting to check out with minimal difficulty. I got the majority of the shopping done in spite of the increasing brain fog, got home, cooked supper (such as it was), and somehow got my family around the table all at the same time. After dinner, Eric said I looked tired, and asked if I needed to go to bed. Yeah, I did, but I had to MAKE the bed first. To give credit where it's due, he stopped what he was doing and came upstairs to help me make the bed.

Long story short, by 6:30 I was in the shower. By 6:50, I was in bed. I watched NCIS, turned out the light promptly at 8, and that was all she wrote until 6:40 this morning when the alarm clock went off. I can't remember the last time I was asleep by 8:05. I was probably jet-lagged, or I might have been 9 years old. It's hard to say.

I guess the long weekend took more out of me than I thought. The brain fog has dissipated, that's for sure, but I'm still a long way from well-rested. (Duh--I'm a mom. Well-rested went out the window when the first was conceived!) I guess I need to do that more often. Scott says he'll sleep when he's dead, but I'm thinking you get dead faster if you don't sleep. Brain fog kills, people!

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home