If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Heaven help us!

Remember Gary Brolsma? The Numa Numa kid? If you don't, you don't surf much. His Numa Numa video sparked a bunch of knock offs and generated his 15 minutes of fame.

Let me first confess that I love the song. It's in Romanian, but I did look up the translation to make sure it wasn't about bestiality or devil worship. (It's not; there was something about trees and Picasso.) It has a powerful beat and the lyrics are sung in such a way that it doesn't matter that they're not English. It just makes me smile. Gary's video makes me laugh, too. He's very expressive, and you just don't expect a song like that to come out of a round-faced guy with glasses, from a bedroom in New Jersey. I suspect he's overcoming the same Walter Mitty complex I have. Put him in front of a webcam and he'll go to town, but off the webcam he's shy and unassuming.

Having said that, I wonder if Gary is trying to extend his 15 minutes, or if he's just caught in the rip tide, or if there is more demand for his, uh, "work" than I thought. It might be the last; I'm old. Just ask my kids.

If you're dying to know more, you can visit his new website here. Good luck.

Labels:

1Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With today's technology, you can now have a neverending flow of cute, always stuck in my head pop icon type songs or fads at the speed of light.

Another new Numa Muma video to thrill the young and annoy the grown-ups.

Priceless.

For something you can buy. for everything, go to the Internet.

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home