If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, September 15, 2006

Class

We got through the first day of the writing class. I had two more students sign up--last night, as a matter of fact--so I have a total of six students. Today was just a discussion about writers, stories, and genres in general. We're all going to write our own story, based on the same premise. That's how I'm going to prove that seven people with the same idea will write different stories.

I saw shy kids (well, a few were shy; one hardly stopped talking) come into the room, and I saw smiling kids with twinkling eyes leave the room. I think this is going to be good. It's great to see teens excited about writing. I'm counting on this to inspire me, too.

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Congrats. Sounds like a good class.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Congrats on a great start! And the gardening class sounds cool too.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your writing class, since your students are learning from a Master of the Craft in my own personal view.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home