If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Confirmed and recharged, but watch for falling pies

We had company all weekend for Vicky's Confirmation. We had a lot of fun, and church went off without a hitch. Vicky is very happy to be done with her class.

On Saturday we went to the Missouri Botanical Garden. It's well worth the trip if you're in driving distance. I took gobs of pictures (killed two sets of batteries), some of which I'll post here eventually.

Since my favorite aunt was here, I hornswaggled her into making apple pies. We decided, since she made three of them, to bake one and freeze two. I thought it was a wonderful idea.

Until this morning.

I was getting ice for their cooler, and while I was wrestling the box that the ice drops into, a pie jiggled loose and fell out. On my foot. I took pictures, but you can't really see the goose egg on the top of my instep in them. Maybe I'll have better luck when the bruise kicks in. I'm going to have fun working this week. Motrin is my friend.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home