If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Had to happen sometime

Summer is finally here. We're in for highs in the hundreds for the foreseeable future. Last year our highest power bill was in August, and this year is shaping up to be a repeat. This is why August is among my least favorite months. (The heat more so than the power bills.)

We went to see Sunshine yesterday. It was all right, but the end was strange. Sci fi movie lovers will really enjoy it. There were some loose ends that apparently no one thought enough of to tie up, but I can't tell you without spoilers. It was a little scary in some places, but now that I think about it, there wasn't much swearing, almost no gratuitous violence, and the only nudity was a guy's shoulder. It even had some good explosions for the guys! We all agreed that we should have just gotten it from Netflix! The theater was cool, though, and there were four people in there besides us (no kids!) so that was something at least.

I'm busy the next week or so. I'm working today and an extra shift tomorrow, lots going on at church on Sunday, and Monday we're going out of town for a few days. Our hiking boots arrived yesterday, so it's just a matter of packing so we can go caving next week. I'll have the laptop when we're away, so I may be around, but maybe not. Maybe I'll have cool (no pun intended) pictures to post!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home