If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy (early) birthday!

Eric's birthday is the end of this month, two days after Alex's. Consequently, he's had less than stellar birthdays some years because of tight finances and his wish for Alex's birthdays to be good.

Tight finances are less of an issue now, so while The Boys were here, we went shopping. Chadwick is a technophile extraordinare and was just the consultant* we needed to buy these:


Yes, the TV and the stand are new, but so is the tuner in the inside upper right corner of the cabinet. Our old tuner finally gave up the ghost after more than a decade, and we found one reasonably priced when we got the TV.

The Boys spent a whole afternoon moving the old cabinet and TV upstairs and putting the new set-up together. I've written down the directions on how to get all the components to talk to each other. Hopefully I won't have to make any tech support calls to Chadwick!








*Why, yes, I did need a consultant to buy them! I know nothing about Man Toys and I was scared to spend that much money on something that might not be right. That trumps surprises every time.

Labels: ,

1Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"...I know nothing of Man Toys..."

You said it. I'm just here to say that I'd finish it, but unlike your darling husband, I've sense enough to keep it to myself in public. Or heck, even in private.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home