If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

He, she, it--neat trick!

I found a faster way to highlight weasel words in Word. I knew about it several years ago and had forgotten, but I'll be using it a lot in the future. For those who don't know, use the Find feature (CTRL-F) and type in the word you are searching for. Tell it to highlight and find all. It will highlight them in black, and you click on the little highlighter on the tool bar. You can even change colors each time you search for a different word! Of course, with a black and white printer the different colors all come out various shades of gray, but it still shows where there are clusters of pronouns.

I added another hour yesterday. Now that I've had dinner and been in the hot tub twice, I'm going to fire up the laptop and work on the Book 2 plot. We might get a little work done on it next week. Maybe.

Labels:

2Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

And here I always thought one eliminated weasels with a .22 :p

10:56 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm sure a .22 would be great for a weasel, but would be hard on a monitor for weasel words. :)

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home