If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Be afraid

I got an e-mail from Scott the other day asking if he had the most current copy of Book 2; he said he knew there was some stuff missing. I went hunting and found a whole folder on a thumb drive of snippets and sundry bits, versions of the book in various forms, and scenes written to insert later.

When we wrote The Dragon's Lady, we wrote in pieces, assembled, and rearranged. That part took less than six months, mostly because we had a state line between us and were both working full time. I spent the next year editing it twice, smoothing the wrinkles so that when it was done no one would know that there were multiple authors. As far as I know, nobody knows exactly which scenes were written by whom, including us in some cases!

Based on the pile of scraps I've just found, I think the second book will kick butt. Eventually. In the meantime, I'm trying not to hyperventilate when I think about putting it together.

Labels:

1Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith Manages.

J. Michael Straczynski

Ask Eric on him.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home