If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Women of Faith

I spent yesterday in St. Louis with friends at the Women of Faith conference. I'd never been to one, so it was an experience! The speakers were amazing, and the while the theme was Contagious Joy, Thelma Wells summed it all up with, "God loves you, baby, and there ain't nothin' you can do about it!"

Love that!

I got a lot out of the program in spite of sharing personal space with 15,000 women. The smart folks at the Savvis Center converted several of the mens' rooms to womens' so the bathroom lines weren't quite so long, but by late afternoon I found myself standing in a line at least ten yards long, desperate for a cup of coffee. It was either stand in line or risk losing my religion; I don't do too well in crowds.

I did have an affirmation of sorts. I found myself a little envious of Natalee Grant's back-up singers. She does such a good show, and I thought she must be great to sing with. A few minutes later, as a break was announced, the MC mentioned that there were fiction books for sale and some of the authors were on-hand to sign them. That's when I realized that my job is supposed to be writing; singing is therapy. I've started research on what publisher(s) they use, and I'll be researching agents for Christian fiction this week.

It was worth the time and money for that reason alone, but I have to confess I just can't stop smiling today. I feel so much lighter. For now, though, I have to get moving. I have to leave for a Dudley's Rush gig in the next ten minutes.

Back to reality.

Labels:

4Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing a little research on Women of Faith and was wondering if you could answer a few questions for me. How do most of the attendees get to the conference? If it's carpooling, chartering a bus, or church van, tell me why...Also, what do you girls do at the end of the day and at night? How do you decide where to stay and where to eat? How did you find out about WOF? If you could change anything about the conference, speakers, or experience, what would it be? I really appreciate you taking the time to answer these questions as hopefully your answers will provide some more insight on the conference and ways it can be improved! Thanks!!! My email is jolpid@gmail.com if you want to respond to me there.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I have always heard the "Women of Faith" conference is awesome...glad you were able to go! This is your old Texas Church buddy Tracy H. Just happened to think I hadn't seen your second book and started looking online. That is how I found your blog. It is awesome! Glad to see you and the family are doing well. Keep up the good work :)
Tracy

6:35 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Tracy, ohmygosh! Shoot me an e-mail at elizabeth@dragonsroost.net and tell me how everyone is!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Sorry--it should be elizabeth@dragons-roost.net. Gotta get that e-mail fixed...

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home