If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Two more goose eggs

We're on a roll! We sent the last payment on Eric's car last week. Yesterday we discovered we were getting some money we were owed, and it was almost enough to pay off the van. We decided to splurge and take the remainder out of savings to just pay the whole thing off. How's that for a splurge? *G* This leaves us with two credit cards to pay off, and then we can start the big emergency fund. Once that's done, we'll have a little time to bolster college funds. I guess the house will keep a little longer!

Man, it feels great to get out of debt. I got an AmEx application in the mail yesterday offering 5% cash back on gas, food, and restaurants. I looked it over for a while, reading the fine print, before I decided I don't want to have to keep up with the 25 day grace period. After all, paying interest is going to cut into my cash back. OK, honestly, I don't trust myself. We've worked so hard to pay off our bills that it's really better just to shred temptation. With the advent of Visa debit cards, it really is possible to live a normal life without a credit card.

Watch: Next year I'll be the anti-credit card gal at the family reunion. You know; the reformed smoker who wants to "help" everyone else quit? That'll be me, quoting Dave Ramsey and (hopefully) wearing an 'I see debt people' t-shirt!

Freedom!

Labels:

1Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To quote William Wallace from the movie, Braveheart: "Freedom!" To the Undiscovered Country, the Future for you and your family.

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home