If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hmm. OK

I'd like to say I'm resting my case from yesterday, but I can't. It's too strange to be apples and oranges; more like bananas and pomegranites. I'm glad I'm not Iranian. (I'm sure the average Iranian woman is glad not to be American, so it all works out in the end.) I get confused enough without the news media changing words for things in an attempt to weed out 'foreign' words.

I have the first of a series of Dudleys Rush gigs today. This one is at a winery about half an hour from here, and they're feeding us, so it should be fun, even if it is a long day and we don't really know what's going on. The coordinators told us we needed to do a 20-25 minute set, so that's what we planned for. The local newspaper did an article on Thursday which said that Dudleys Rush will take the stage for an hour at 4:00. The good news is that we've been working on a few other things for the other upcoming gigs, so we could probably cobble together an hour set. Then again, they're doing a wine tasting before the show. We could do our 20-minute set three times through and probably no one will know the difference!

I love Bluegrass!

Labels:

2Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Newspeak equals politicall correct, anyone?
(Still have to check out the article you linked --this comment may not be completely on target with your post)

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is always hope. To endure like it is 1984 or to party like it is 1999? I chose to party like it is 1999, friends. Resistance is not futile.

8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home