If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

back again

We rolled back into town late last night. It was a good trip, and although we had a little rain, there was nothing severe. It was, however, very hot for a couple of days. Alex took first place in a flintlock rifle match, and both kids got some archery in. I mostly loafed and tried not to melt. I thought I might come home with a 12x14 wall tent, but it was out of my price range. Way out. I did participate in a panel on 18th century women's clothing, and since I'm far from an authority, I learned more than I taught. It went far better than I expected.

Today I managed to get myself to a Dudleys Rush rehearsal. That's about it. The rest of the day has been devoted to a little light unpacking and not much else. I have about a dozen loads of laundry to do. After that I have some costume pieces to modify and research to do for other types of costumes that will still be period correct but cooler than the standard. Who knows; maybe I'll be able to come up with something that will allow me to use the Ojibwa name I got as a child. (At least, I'm pretty sure it was Ojibwa. My dad's friend was raised by that tribe. If anyone reading this is familiar with that language, the name is Miskwa Somona Sunsquaw, which I was told means Old Redheaded Woman. Please leave me a comment to corroborate either way.)

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home