If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Compass back at true north

It has been a very busy month. I realized yesterday that I have a comittment every day this month. I'm longing for a pajama day, but I don't think that's going to happen until at least the middle of July. The gerbil wheel is spinning faster and faster, and I either have to keep up or get flung off!

I must have neglected to mention that Eric went away on business while I was away collecting my children. I got a fair amount done while he was gone, but it was all in sort of an unplanned haze. I did manage to get to work on time and feed the kids, but that's about it. He got home yesterday, and now I feel like I'm back at true north finally. That's a good thing, too, because I need him to help me stay organized for a few more weeks!

The Boys, whom we sort of adopted in NC (they were single airmen, and our kids were toddlers, so they developed a habit of dropping by around dinnertime) will start arriving Wednesday for our annual reunion. We started the tradition, oh, about six years ago. There are five of them, and everyone who can get the time off comes to our house the week of the 4th of July for however long they can stay. We have plenty to celebrate this year, besides the 4th. We have two milestone birthdays at the end of July and a couple promotions. Scott moved into a better job, and we'll have to drink a round of Jaeger for Technical Sergeant Select Danny. Oh, and well, there's Eric's job, too!

Did I mention the shirts for Rendezvous? The ones with the gussets in step two? I got the pattern pretty well figured out. I was sewing last night and broke two needles. I think I'm destined to hand sew. I hope they hold up in the wash.

Anyway, the treadmill is speeding up, but I'm staying on so far. I'll let you know if I end up in a heap at the end!

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Cool story about The Boys! Add my congrats to TSgt Danny and the other promotees. TSgt is a bear to make.

Good luck with the shirts, and have fun with everyone.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home