If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, June 16, 2006

That was fast!

I know time flies when you're having fun, but apparently time flies when you work two weeks with one day off, too. It seems like I just got the kids to Mom's for the much anticipated visit, and now it's time to go fetch them home. It might be under duress, too; it seems that Vicky is now trying to decide if she really wants to come home. I leave tomorrow morning and will stay a couple of days this time. The family reunion/baby shower for my cousin is Sunday. (Note to me: don't forget the present.)

In other news, I have shirts to make for the next Rendezvous. I procrastinated for too long because I have never made clothing on my own that was more complicated than a drawstring skirt. Finally I decided I'd better get to it; after all, I'll either make the shirt, or I'll mess it up. The worst that will happen is I'll have a big pile of unbleached muslin scraps!

I got it cut out with only one major mistake and got half-way through step two of the sewing before I got stumped. Who puts gussets in step two?! I hate gussets.

My local sewing guru is swamped with college courses right now, so I did what any red-blooded American gal would do: I called Mom. Between her and Favorite Aunt, with whom I'll be roommates this weekend, we should be able to get the shirt together this weekend, and I have fabric for another one. If I come straight home and do the next shirt before I forget the details, maybe I'll have more success. Maybe I should just take the new fabric with me, in case we decide to start from scratch.

If you pray, please pray for travel mercies.

Oh, that reminds me! If you read/write science fiction, you'll want to know that Jim Baen (of Baen Publishing) has had a stroke and is in a coma. Please pray for him and his family.

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home