If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Boys vs. girls

I was listening to the radio a while ago and heard a discussion about the differences in the way men and women think. The analogy they used was that men have one window open on their computer screen at a time; they deal with what is in front of them, close it, and move on.

Women have 5 or 6 or 20 windows open all at the same time. We're thinking about what to have for dinner, inviting the girls to the Mary Kay party in two weeks, homework that needs to be done, bathrooms to be cleaned, etc. ad nauseum.

I had to laugh because they were absolutely right. I'd heard the analogy for sex drives years ago: men are microwaves and women are crock pots. Now I know why: Women have too many windows open and it bogs down our hard drive!

Thank you, Bill Gates, for helping us to understand!

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

That explains why, when I try to get a co-worker to go to a new place on his computer he carefully shuts down what he's working on and goes to the new thing.

I always want to say, "Alt-Tab" or "Just minimize the window." It drives me batty.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home