If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Ice kitty

Tess is fascinated with ice cubes. Somebody dropped one on the floor one day, and in true cat fashion, she just knew it was a toy. If only took a few ice cubes for the novelty to wear off. They do shoot across the floor like nobody's business, but they made her paws cold and wet.

The next evolution came when I went to the fridge to get ice for my coffee. It was a hot day and ice coffee was just the thing I needed, but I got too much ice, so I put some in the cats' water dish. Oh my, what fun that was! She sat and batted that ice around inside the dish until it melted. No matter what she did, it wouldn't sink and it stayed in the water.

Until this morning.

She figured out that if she gets a paw underneath it, she can pop it out of the dish. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't watched her fish it out and chase it across the floor!

The worst part is, I couldn't laugh out loud. Cats get offended when you laugh at them.

1Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Well, *I* can laugh out loud, and I did. :D Pity the folk out there who aren't cat people...

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home