If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, August 19, 2005

Cardio with a motive

We're going out of town for the weekend, and the back yard looked really awful. There were weeds the were as tall as my shoulders. The kids didn't seem to want the money they'd get paid for doing it, so I did. Yes, I will take the money, and yes I will gloat when I buy ice cream or candy or something equally evil with it. No, I will not spend any of it on the kids, but I might on Eric.

It might not have been the brightest thing I've done this year, though. It's 99* and sunny outside. I couldn't put it off until evening, though, because we're leaving when Eric gets home. Still, you know you're hot when you feel like you have to cool down a little before you can get a shower. Ick. I'm all sweaty and have grass clippings stuck to me. Lucky for me we have a smallish yard; I got the whole thing done before I passed out.

So why couldn't it wait until Sunday? I just hated the idea of coming home to that jungle. Yeah, that's it. Beating our next-door neighbors to the punch had absolutely nothing to do with it.

I need a shower, and I need to finish packing. Have a good weekend and I'll be back Sunday.

2Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Sigh. Mine takes two hours on a riding mower, and if I want someone else to do it, I have to pay fairly well. And it needs doing tomorrow. **Checks wallet.** Nope, I'll be doing it myself!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

As it turns out, I'll be delegating or wearing long sleeves next time. I must be allergic to something I mowed b/c I have an itchy rash on both arms. Anyone who has ever had allergy testing will be able to relate. I'm so happy!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home