If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, August 26, 2005

Promotion!

I've been on the job two weeks and already I've gone from dishwasher to Sous Chef. I'm also getting into procurement.

The real story?

We were slow today, so there weren't many dishes to wash once I got the prep dishes done. The boss has a catering gig this weekend, so we were making desserts to get her ahead of the game.

The procurement? I stopped at the store on my way to work to pick up a bread order.

I was washing up when the last customers left, and the wife commented on how I was doing the grunt work. I laughed and said--very honestly--"This is the best job in the whole world. There's no learning curve, no stress, and I'm getting paid."

That about sums it up.

Well, that and now I can call myself a Sous Chef.

1Comments:

Blogger utenzi said...

What can I say? It's impossible to keep a good woman down! Or maybe we should go with another proverb: the cream always rises to the top. Congratulations on your promotions, regardless of how transitory, EJ.

BTW, lovely blog!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home