If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Ugh

Last year I was visiting my mom's church, and in the sermon the pastor told how he'd hated English in school. He illustrated by telling about a writing assignment he'd gotten. It was supposed to be a certain length, so he wrote something along the lines of:

I have a cat. His name is Max. He always comes when I call him. When I want him to come inside, I go out and yell, "Here, Max! Here, kitty, kitty, kitty, Maxie kitty! Come here, kitty, kitty, kitty!" He repeated it to the end of the page and concluded with, "And then he comes home."

Today, I know exactly how he felt. I'm so tempted to have my MC step outside and yell for her dogs to come in for three or four thousand words. Walter is ready for a stiff drink. I'm averaging about 400 words a sprint now when I was doing 500-700. On the plus side, if you can call it that, if I do twenty one 400 word sprints between now and Sunday, I'll be over the top. That's four sprints a day, and I can take Thursday or Friday off. Or do two for each of those days. That's d0able.

Right, then, back to the salt mines for another 400 words, and then I'll go get more coffee...

Labels: ,

3Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

It's so close but seems so far...

5:45 PM  
Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Does it make you feel any better to know that I deleted (or at least refiled under *out-take*) about 16K today?

I didn't think it would help.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Hang in there, Jean. You're almost done, too.

Thanks for trying to help,Val. Nice try but no cigar. :P

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home