If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, November 17, 2008

24,234

I know, I'm a little shy of 25k. Today's word count is 3,249--what's that tell you? If you guessed that I got nothing done over the weekend, you're right. I worked extra shifts last week, including two on Saturday. Friday I called in sick with a migraine. Not a banner week, but I'm pleased to be on target with my goals. I wasn't scheduled to break 25k until tomorrow anyway. At the rate I'm going I'll still be able to take Thanksgiving and Black Friday off.

On the bright side, I got to listen to live bluegrass this weekend, and I've located a couple of mandolin teachers so I can maybe take a couple lessons to get the basics down. Thus far I'm self-taught with the aid of a book and You Tube, which in my experience is a great way to form habits I'll have to break later.

Time to go make coffee for tomorrow and take care of a few chores I've been neglecting, and then off to bed early. I need to do another 3,000 words tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home