If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Walter

I just read through week 3 of Holly's 'How To Think Sideways' course. This week included a tip about how to get your muse to speak up. I needed an image of what my muse looks like and a signal for him to get my attention. I had a vague image of a man in a smoking jacket, smoking a pipe, so I googled it. When I ran across a photo of an older man with a halo of white hair, wearing a red smoking jacket with a cigar in his hand, Walter said, "That's me!!!" We are talking about Walter Mitty, after all, and his delusions of grandeur.

I wrinkled my nose at the cigar, and he said a pipe would be all right. Pipes are better. My grandpa smoked a pipe when I was little, and they don't stick like cigars do. I wish I could show you all the picture, but it's copyrighted. Maybe I'll write to the site owner to see if I can get permission to put up the link, but if he wants me to buy the web image ($49.95!!!) y'all are just going to be out of luck.

Labels:

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Maybe a link to the site? Unless finding it would be too complicated once we got there.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home