If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, September 08, 2008

Catching up

Last week was a long durn week. Between the extra hours at work and Eric being out of town, I was starting to think the week was never going to end. I finally had a day off today, so I was able to get the house straightened a little, pick up some groceries, and start Holly Lisle's "How To Think Sideways" course. I need a six-month writing course like I need a hole in the head, between studying for my herbalist certification and everything else, but it's self-paced and I need to make writing a priority. I've only been through lesson one, and already I'm seeing where my thinking has kept me from pushing ahead.

On deck for tomorrow is slogging through the proposal for Rogue Pawn so I can get it mailed to a half-dozen or so potential publishers. I figured I'd get all of them who take simultaneous submissions out of the way first. Once I get a few rejections under my belt I'll be able to make improvments and try the bigger houses. I should really set myself a deadline for mailing proposals.

Right now, though, I have to get myself together and head to the airport. Eric caught an early flight home and should be en route from his lay-over any time now. Of course, I hear thunder. I just love driving in traffic across the Mississippi in the rain. Wish me luck.

Labels:

3Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Wishing you luck.

I hope you like Sideways. I find so many practical, common sense things in the course. Each week, there's some thing I hadn't realized before.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Valerie Comer said...

By Week 2 of Thinking Sideways, I was seriously challenged. I expected it to take longer, somehow. I had another huge revelation today. And even blogged about it. (It's like I keep forgetting that I have a blog--and other folks do too...)

You posting on the boards there yet? Haven't seen you!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I haven't posted there yet. I guess I better, now that you're looking for me! BTW, my handle over there is javajunkie; EJ was too short.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home