If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

good writing day

I got a bit of a late start this morning. It was cold, and I didn't particularly want to get out of bed. Since I didn't have much of a choice in the matter, I got up, got everybody out of the house, and then brought my coffee back upstairs and curled up in bed to read for a while. It was going on 9:00 when I sat down to do my morning pages. I finished them faster than usual, and since I was on a roll I talked out the current plot that's giving me fits. In case I haven't mentioned it before, I really love the new version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking. I was able to untangle the plot while simultaneously leading Ryan on a wild goose chase with a laser pointer. The cold weather is making him froggy.

All total, I worked a little over two hours and got 3566 words. Almost half of that was on the story itself. I've been trying to come up with a working title other than the main character's first name. For the time being, it's "Collateral Casualties." I'm sure it will change three times before I find an agent. :-)

Labels: ,

1Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Wow, you're motoring right along. Congrats!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home