If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Calendar check

I was trying to get back into the swing of things yesterday and realized that Christmas is three weeks from today. I'm not done shopping, have not started decorating, have not even started the pre-decorating cleaning. It looks like we'll have three batches of company in rapid succession, but I don't have firm plans yet. The good news is it looks like I'm only working three or four extra shifts.

My walking schedule has been adjusted a little. Instead of getting out the door around 8:00, I'm suiting up right out of bed and out the door about 6:15. Eric wanted to join me, but he has to be to work at 7:30. My method seems to be working--I'm down about five pounds--but I haven't adjusted to the schedule yet. Dark + cold + no coffee = grumpy EJ. That early in the day, the E does not stand for Elizabeth; it's Eeyore. I try to be very clear that while I hate being out in the pre-dawn cold, I do it for him and only for him. I want us both to be healthy and strong until we die (in several decades). I'm sure, come July and August, I'll be very happy with the schedule!

I integrated Scott's changes into my main document yesterday. It didn't take as long as I thought it would. Now I can start tweaking it. Over the weekend I was very happy to have been using WriteItNow for as long as I have. It has a bar on the left side for chapter, event, and character synopsis, which made looking up specific sections so much easier. It has a few limitations, but nothing that can't be worked around. I'm a visual learner, and usually so easily distracted that having a quick reference is a life saver.

So I think that's about it. I didn't get sick this time like I did after my last foray to the Big D, the cats are mostly speaking to me again, and I'm working a double shift today. Nothing like jumping back into the fray.

Labels: , ,

1Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Good for you getting up and walking in the dark. I just can't seem to force myself there.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home