If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, November 23, 2007

It's a good thing I'm not on a diet,

because yesterday was the perfect example of how NOT to lose weight! I had half a bagel and coffee about 9, between wrestling the turkey (23 lbs!) into the roaster and starting the bread. I didn't realize I was hungry again until almost 1:00, and we were within half an hour of putting food on the table. I took the edge off with nibbles of bread while I sliced it. We had our big meal about 1:30, and while it appeared I was being good by skipping seconds, I was stuffed to the gills. Around 6:30, some friends came over for a relatively impromptu dessert pot-luck. Oh my. I'd made chocolate pots-de-creme (new recipe--I was going for something like Applebee's new chocolate mousse shooters), a chocolate pudding pie, and a lemon pie. My friend made all pies--pumpkin, apple cranberry, and pecan. Since it was dinner time, and because we only do this once a year (OK, maybe twice), I got out dinner plates and we all gorged a second time. And no, in case you're wondering, I didn't walk yesterday. It was cold and I slept later than I wanted to.

Today is traditionally 'nibble on leftovers' day. I have grand and lofty plans in my little brain--get laundry caught up, clean our bedroom, wrap the presents I have to mail so I can take them to the post office tomorrow (or Monday), write a few thousand words. We need to decide when to put up the Christmas tree. Usually we do it Thanksgiving weekend, but it's so early this year, and we still have more than a month until Christmas. I love our decorations, but I don't know if I want to look at them for a solid month! If I steer clear of the turkey, I might get some of it done!

Labels: ,

1Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Happy Thanksgiving!
I know the holiday wishes are late, but we were out of town, visiting in Tennessee with no internet conection.

It sounds like you had a wonderful day!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home