If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, November 30, 2007

Marathon work session

I'm heading to the airport in a couple of hours to fly to Dallas. I've packed my coffee press and a good supply of my favorite coffee. Tomorrow I'm going to try--again--to nail down the final plot of Sword and Scabbard with Scott. I thought we had it (twice) but he keeps coming up with more ideas. This time, I think, I'm going to have to put my foot down and say enough. I have no idea what to expect because I don't know what he's done on it lately. We've had a series of technical difficulties that have prevented him from getting inputs to me. It's been a year since our last face-to-face. I really wanted this to be done and over with by now.

So, tomorrow will be a full day. I pretty much have this evening to look over his inputs, tomorrow to hammer everything in place, and Sunday morning we'll have a few hours for tying up loose ends. I'd love to say I'm coming home with a very rough first draft, but at this point I just don't know. I don't know what the problem is--if it's me or him or neither or both, or if this delay and drama is a God thing. I didn't think it was until Scott mailed me a disk and it didn't arrive. It wasn't returned, either, and he sent it three weeks ago. All I know is that these characters have been in my head for a decade, and I'm ready for this to be done.

Normally I look forward to getting away for a couple of days. Not so much this time. The Boss told me to have fun in Texas and have some nachos and Margaritas for them. I don't think there will be time for that, but I am thinking that after I turn in my rental car Sunday, I'll have time to sit in the airport bar and have a Cosmo before my flight home!

Labels: ,

1Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

I hope it was a worthwhile jaunt for you, EJ. And weather being what it's being, I hope you make it home okay as well.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home