If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Another gray hair

This week I have started trying to get my schedule under control. I haven't been making good use of my time since the kids started school and I had enough last week. It was a simple matter of figuring out what I needed to do and scheduling a time each day for them. My Palm Pilot is my friend!

This afternoon at 1:00 it was time to write, so I came upstairs, booted up the laptop, and got ready to work on my NaNo outline. Good theory, but the document wasn't there. That's when I discovered my data stick with all my back-ups was missing. Back downstairs I went to retrieve it from the computer desk. Of course, there were two there--one for each of the kids. I didn't quite hyperventilate, but almost. I looked everywhere I could think of, twice, before I decided it was more important to get something done. I was reasonably sure one of the kids had accidentally grabbed mine. When they got home, I discovered I was right; Alex took mine and left his. All three sticks were identical, but not anymore. Mine has a spot of White-Out now. Of course, I have now backed up all my files twice. Redundancy is also my friend.

If you haven't backed up lately, please stop and do it right now! Save yourself a gray hair!

Labels:

5Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

You know, I think you're right. How many gray hairs does a person need anyway? I've heard there is help for that in the bottom of the bottle, but I do try to stay away from bottles. sigh.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

At this point, I'm vowing to stay away from bottles and wearing my gray hairs proudly. I would be the first woman in my family to do so, but I'm not afraid of being first. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to get the luxurious, sexy gray hair that some people are blessed with. I suspect mine will be the run-of-the-mill mousy, dishwater gray.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Mine is the run of the mill gray, too, and chemical haircolors are so bad for you. I've found a semi-permanent henna, though, that's not too much trouble to use. I think I've mentioned it here, haven't I?

11:01 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I mentioned it in passing May 10th. Wow. Where's this year gone?

11:04 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

To steal a phrase from Mazda, "Zoom. Zoom."

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home