If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Temporarily hosted

I signed on to a short contract with GoDaddy last night so hopefully the sites will be relocated and updated this time next week. I'm still reading the Jatol thread at Webhostingtalk.com, hoping to see if anyone will say what actually happened. I'm nosy, and if the owner died and didn't pay his bills, I want to know. (Inquiring minds, you understand).

There has been one guy posting almost since the start, and he's not American. I don't know where he's from, but I'm guessing he's also not British. His English is remarkably good; the syntax is what gives him away. He spells better than a lot of Americans I know! I have to laugh, though, because he always ends his posts with "Greetings. OK." In my mind, those words are spoken in the cheerleader voice, and the next thing into my twisted little brain is a scene from Judging Amy. Her daughter (who was about 6) had been chosen for a cheerleading squad, which horrified Amy as much as it thrilled Lauren. The episode ends with little Lauren in her cheerleading uniform and pom poms, cheering, "Ready? OK! We got spirit, yes we do! We got spirit! How 'bout you?"

So how about this? "Greetings! OK! Jatol screwed us, yes they did! Jatol's gone, get over it!"

I'd post this at Webhostingtalk, but the IT guys wouldn't get it. :-)

Labels:

4Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Even today someone had created a yahoo group mailing address to notify people in case Jatol servers came back up.

I think they're delusional. Glad to hear you have a solution in place.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Is there a reason you don't have a link to your site on the blog? Or am I missing it?

5:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

If you haven't already sprung for a new site, check out these guys:

http://whipanorbit.com/hosting.html?cifmh=1660288

They have excellent reviews, have been around for several years, and their prices are excellent if you don't need a huge site.

---Dan, dan@danhughes.net

5:25 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

On the surface it looks pretty good, Dan. Thanks for the tip.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home