If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, October 01, 2007

Priceless

Eric got home from work Friday about ten minutes after I did. I was looking forward to a little crocheting before I had to start dinner when he decided the pantry needed to be cleaned out. He said he could handle it on his own, but I can't relax if someone is working within earshot.

Long story short, we cleaned out the pantry and the master bathroom closet. I'd already done several kitchen cupboards in the last week or two. It's amazing what you find when you clean. I had four boxes of brown rice and three bottles of dish soap. I threw out herb capsules dated 2005 that I'd bought in Italy. There were two spare bottles of shaving lotion and a set of sheets that never really fit our bed right. We took out three bags of trash, and I'm a little amazed that I have anything left.

It is nice to see the floor of the closet, and it really perplexed Ryan. He went into the bathroom closet and turned in circles, grumbling to himself. I love it when he grumbles.

With the weather cooling, I'm slowing getting my act together. Jean mentioned that she's been reading Body Clutter. I've been staunchly resisting FlyLady, even as I find myself using her methods. I've even picked a room to work on, only to find it's the FlyLady zone of the week! I'm stubborn, but I think this is a clue-by-four. Looks like I'll be acquiring a copy for myself.

Labels:

2Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Don't you just hate it when FlyLady follows you around like that?

It don't think it matters so much that you do it when she does it as that you actually do it sometime.

I love that Valerie does her Home Blessing Hour when Jim goes off to work. I'm just trying to get into the habit of doing these things. Her timing is for suggestion only. If I feel an overwhelming need to clean the kitchen counters, there's no way I'm going to wait until that zone comes around.

Good for you for you pantry and closet cleanout.

7:49 PM  
Blogger Valerie Comer said...

I think FlyLady is *in the air*. I'm so sorry Jean and I are such a bad influence.

Okay, I'm done laughing now.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home