If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Toes up

For anyone interested, it's going to be a while longer before I can update Dragonsroost.net. First, we have a hardware issue. Something in the computer got fried with the modem. The secondary issue is that my web host, Jatol, has also gone toes up with no notice. I didn't even know about it until I checked Holly Lisle's blog this morning. The site is still up, for now, or at least it was as of two hours ago. I'm leaning toward changing my domains to GoDaddy for the short term. I can go month to month with them, giving me time to research more permanent options.

There are a lot of people really ticked about Jatol. I doesn't affect me a whole lot. I have all my files backed up here, and I think I was at the end of my billing cycle anyway. I was annoyed with some lack of support, but not enough to research other options. Guess I don't have much choice now. Just goes to show that if you procrastinate long enough, someone else will make the choice for you!

Labels:

2Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

I have my domains registered through GoDaddy and my hosting at BlueHost.

BlueHost might work well for you -- inexpensive, lots of space, good options. Holly didn't want to put her main site there because of a few concerns with the ability to handle her volume as well as her commerce site. I feel they are acceptable for what my minimal needs are, and they may be for you as well.

Of course, I'm considering the value of having hot backup hosting as a result of all this, but what's probably more important is having a good, current backup of everything.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Hugs on the Jatol thing and glad it wasn't too bad for you. I've been watching the soap opera trail all day. Fascinating! :P

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home