If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Interesting.....

We've had a little relief from the heat. I was just sitting outside enjoying the cool breeze and started thinking about Sword and Scabbard. That's when I realized the correlation between my writing and the weather. I did check my records to verify my theory, and sure enough, my most productive months this year so far were April and May when the average highs averaged 74. Productivity dropped off in July and August as the temperatures have climbed. This looks like a trend I need to track. It might be helpful to know in the future.

Labels:

2Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

I, too, wonder if 74 is the perfect writing temperature. Sigh. I guess that means a move to Hawaii is required. (The villa temperature in Bahrain was 74, and I wrote a whole lot on that deployment.)

No. That can't be it. Writers don't all live in Hawaii, and they maintain their productivity.

I guess the need to stay ahead of the A/C bill drives them to write.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I keep thinking about Tambo and her reverse SAD. At this point I'm trying to identify trends so I know that I'm not going to get much done during certain times of the year. It might give me an excuse for a writer's retreat, if nothing else!

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home