If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, March 23, 2007

By bedicid isn't workig

For those of you who missed it, spring officially started Tuesday evening. That's when the flowering trees all burst into bloom simultaneously and I realized that my Zyrtec is no longer working. I've been sniffing and sneezing for three days and had a particularly nasty Benadryl hangover yesterday.

But here's the real kicker. We were offered the opportunity to leave the base hospital and go downtown. Being able to see the same doctor more then twice? Heck yeah! The bad news is, all retirees were offered the same opportunity and it appears all of us have taken it. I can't get in to see the new doc for a month. I got into the base clinic faster than that!

Lucky for me I have a hubby who's brain was functioning better than mine. He asked if I still had an old prescription of Claritin tucked away, and I do. Between that and OTC's I should be able to function, but it's going to be a long month.

Labels:

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

I'm trying to figure out the post-retirement medical maze. Do I go for Tri-Care Prime and commute the 50 miles one way to get to the Fort Hood clinic? Do I take another Tri-Care version? For anything serious, I have to travel to Temple anyway to get to Scott & White, the closest trauma center. One trip I plan to make while I'm home next month is to Fort Hood to talk to the Tri-Care rep to see what my options are.

TO complicate matters, we're not confident competent medical care is available in our new home community.

I hope you feel better soon.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home