If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

*cough*gasp*

Y'know that 90-second procedure I had two weeks ago? The one where I got to the hospital at 5:30 a.m. and was home before noon? The insurance company hasn't paid the hospital yet. We got the bill yesterday.

$7,549.75

Sunny beaches! That's not including pre-surgery lab work or diagnostic testing, and oh by the way, the doctor will bill us separately. Jeez, no wonder so many people put off going to the doctor. This little foray is almost $9,000 total, and I spent less than half an hour total in a state of at least partial undress. I'm glad Eric is compulsive about paying our premium.

I could look at it from the flip side. I spent a total of about nine hours at the hospital, either the day of the surgery or in preparation. That means my time was worth about $939.00/hour. I've never been worth THAT much before!

Labels:

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home