If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Latest installment in collaboration debacle

I caught up with Scott on-line last night. Bottom line? We desperately need a face-to-face. A long one, starting with alcohol and a good fight so we can get down to business.

I took the idea from the last chat and ran with it. I got the touch-down (almost 6,000 new words) and was heading toward the field goal when I got clotheslined. (Edited to remove spoilers which probably won't be in the final product anyway. The black type is clarification or you'll be hopelessly lost. I was at first, and I've been writing the silly thing.)

SC: well I read what you sent and I liked it, just a slight problem maybe

EJ: what?

SC: well what I wrote a while back about Stephan not getting sacked in the first place

SC: She won the battle

EJ: Did Gravity help her win?

SC: remember she allowed for Gravity to help and before she was attacked by him (it was a military exercise, to test Stephan's forces) she saw the attack from Parek and defeated her (Parek's) forces badly

SC: you don't remember talking about this in a previous chat

EJ: not about Stephan winning the battle, no

SC: I have the whole thing written

EJ: shit

SC: Let me send it to you and see if it refreshes your memory

EJ: please

SC: email sent

Indeed it was sent: The whole document of the cobbled-together manuscript. 204 pages. I almost threw up on the keyboard. Instead, I took a deep breath:

EJ: ok, quick question. Can you throw me a bone about how far into this I’m looking?

SC: RED, just before you had Stephan coming out of her coma. (Don't panic. It wasn't a coma; she was wounded and woke up. )

I seem to be beating my head on solid objects lately. This project is either going to make or break me, but that's the way it is with most things, I suppose. It would, however, be much easier if neither of us had anything else to do, aside from maybe cooking dinner and walking the dog.

Oh, changing subjects (careful of the whiplash), and before I forget, congratulations to TSgt(Sel) Danny, who gets to remove the (Sel) from his rank as of next Monday. Enjoy your pay raise, my friend. You have earned it many times over.




Labels:

4Comments:

Blogger Valerie Comer said...

Just...ouch.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Hurray to TSgt Danny!

Hang in there, EJ. You two will pull it together.

7:23 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

Note: For those of you who don't know TSgt is a HUGE promotion in the USAF -- it's probably the toughest one to make.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank to all for your kind words on my promotion to TSgt.

On the conllaboration on Book 2, I let the good book speak on this subject.

"May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus."

Romans 15:5

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home