If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Monday, June 05, 2006

How NOT to plan your summer break

We made arrangements with Mom a couple of months ago for the kids to spend two weeks with them this month. It was decided that I would drive them up the first weekend, and pick them up the third weekend, which would coincide with the annual family reunion and my cousin's baby shower.

I later discovered that one of my co-workers would be on vacation during the time that the kids would be gone. Not knowing at the time that Eric's contract would soon be resolved, I gave in to the dollar signs in my eyes. However, I didn't realize just how bad my schedule looked until late last week. I am WORKING every day except this Sunday! This was NOT how I imagined spending two kidless weeks!

Crap.

At least I'm making some decent money, so the car should be paid off in the next four weeks. I also have a couple of weeks to decide how to make changes so I'm not working every day all summer. I do still have to be a mom, and chances are greater of the kids getting into mischief if I'm at work. Besides, a girl has to have a little fun!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home