If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Another one bites the dust

Eric's contract has been settled, so a chunk of the money I tucked away got spent today. I took a wad of cash to our neighborhood National Chain Home and Garden Store (NCHGS)* and paid off our credit card. Yeah, I could have written a check, but it was more fun to get the cash in small bills and hand over a stack for them to count. Hey, I was nice. I really considered paying the last $50.00 in quarters. When I factored in the weight issue, I decided $5.00 bills were small enough.

The best part was that we owed $10.00 less than I thought we did. I celebrated that with a lemon ice!

So now the washer is officially ours. We have four more accounts to go. Barring catastrophe, we should have them done before Christmas.



*Yeah, I could tell you which one it was, but I don't want to advertise for them.


1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Yay! Congrats on both accounts -- Eric's contract settling and paying off one big bill. Good luck with the rest. It sounds like you're on a smooth track.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home