If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Su-mack!!!

That's the sound of me, hitting the wall. I'm down to staring dumbly at the screen, and finally typing words just for the sake of typing them. I know getting words down is the point of NaNo, and most of what I've gotten is pretty good, although I've already caught some inconsistancies and have resisted the urge to go fix them. I'm at 36,018 as of right now.

I'm trying to blame this on Thanksgiving. Truly, my mind is on making sure the food all gets done near the same time, and I sure don't want to burn anything. Even so, there has been a distinct 'lights are on but nobody's home' factor. Add to that the fact that Chloe won't stay out of my lap and you've got a recipe for non-productivity. I've never typed with a cat licking my hand before.

Anyway, enough whining. I do hope you and yours are having a good holiday. Don't forget to count all your blessings, great and small, today, and enjoy your post-turkey nap!

0Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home