If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always had.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Clueless SPAM

I've been getting a good bit of SPAM lately, but one I got this morning takes the cake. It was an invitation to join the AARP. Did you know you can travel more for less with AARP? That's great, except I don't qualify. I suppose they could rationalize that if I can't use it, I'll pass it on to someone who can. Then again, maybe they're staffed by members. They say the memory is the first thing to go. Or is it the hearing? I can't remember. Whichever it is, it's obvious they're just buying cold contact lists.

The irony is that it landed in my mailbox on my birthday. I'm 39 today. I have a good 16 years before I can think about AARP.

Yeah, this takes the cake, all right. The birthday cake.

1Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Happy Birthday, EJ! You're lookin' good.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home